by Luxi Lauri
I have had the honor to meet Marc while I was in LA. He is a true aspiring music who can put you in a state of wonder. His voice is very tender and soft and his words completely make you think about life. Marc’s connection to the guitar is simply amazing, because his skills and chord playing are smooth and emotional. I took some time to ask him a few questions and get his view on things in his life. I love his music, and I know you will too. This is my ARTIST OF THE WEEK!
1. Where are you from? What is your age?
I am from Redlands, California. I am 25.
2. When did you begin your music career?
I began to sing at the age of 2 in church. I have been singing since I can remember, and I play the guitar.
3. Where do you perform?
I perform at the Santa Monica Pier.
4. What is your favorite place to perform?
My favorite place to sing is at the beach. I have always wanted to sing and be able to go on tour and open up for Nora Jones or Brian McKnight.
5. What is your style of music?
My style of music is closely identified with the blues.
6. What has been the most challenging experience being an up and coming artist?
The most challenging experience for me is having the courage to perform my music like I feel my music.
7. What has been the hardest time in your life?
8. What schools did you go to?
I went to California State San Bernardino where I studied music.
9. What is your targeting audience?
I want to influence kids around the world.
10. What message do you give in your music?
11. What is your advice to an up and coming artist?
Familiarize yourself with yourself.
12. What do you value most in life?
You know the answer to that, MUSIC. 🙂
Album due out soon!!!!!
Please Check out his music at www.myspace.com/marcfindstheblues
Photos thanks to Amarie Darvai and Christopher Cody